Monday, February 27, 2012

So far, So good....

Well, week one with the added allowance and more responsibility...TOTAL SUCCESS! 

The kids did GREAT doing all their chores and without having to be asked (most of the time...lol)

We have regular conversations about responsibility and doing our part as a family.  The focus is NOT on the money, although they are aware of it and it has helped motivate them for some of the less favorable chores :-)

I am very proud of them and the progress they have made with the extra responsibilities.

I made new charts and this time laminated them!  This way I can use the same charts each week and just wipe it off and change the chores as needed.  I have my own laminating machine so this was easy :-)  I have found that it doesn't just wipe clean easily, I have to use my Mr. Clean magic eraser but that works perfectly!  LOVE Mr. Clean!  LOL

In addition to their Chore Charts, I have added nicely laminated Behavior charts (they were all on the same chart last week).  I just like having the two separated and so do the kids. 


5 comments:

  1. We use the same chart... Yay for free printables!

    Don't you have a small chart for your 3 year old? Give him some jobs too, like pick up toys, eat your dinner, brush your teeth, etc. My 3 year old LOVES to help with unloading the dishwasher too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danyel, I was just thinking that people must think I am leaving Landon out! LOL I do have him do things as well, I just haven't finished with his chart. All I have been doing so far is putting stickers on a blank poster board. I am making him a chart using pictures of things he does around the house. I figured that would be more visually fun for him. I will have it done soon...LOL

      Delete
    2. This blog was mostly about the added allowance etc. :-) I guess I need to do one all about Landon and his little chart next :-)

      Delete